|some minor lifestyle changes
||[May. 6th, 2002|08:40 am]
1. In the process of giving up TV altogether. Watched some lastnight, about 1 hr, and hated it. I started giving it up prior to Whitby, and although I knew I was going to watch some in the UK (because it's just too much fun to see the difference) I'd already agreed that when we got back I was going to cut it down to ~0.|
2. more reading. I need to get back into a cycle of reading for the sake of it.
3. more writing. I need to get back into a cycle of writing for my sanity. I do it professionally and I've been using that as an excuse for my exhaustion at the thought of writing *real* things.
4. diet changes. I am abandoning Kosher altogether. We'd been keeping a Kosher home, but that discipline has grown pointless and annoying. I'm trying the yoghurt thing, as well.
5. more exercise. I really enjoyed an hour walk last night. I need to commit to an hour of exercise every evening, outdoors, when the weather is favorable.
6. more hedonism. I need to spend more time focusing on my own pleasure today, rather than spending so much time investing for the future. I have maybe one or two more years of focused saving to lock in a secure retirement, so now's the time to reassess and reanalyse.